Restoration of El- Kamelya School - Egypt

Monuments Restoration   ::  Completed Projects   ::  2002  ::  

Client: Ministry of Antiquities
Description: Archeological buildings
The Kamili school was established by King al-Kamil Muhammad ibn al-Adil al-Ayyubi to study hadith in the year 622 AH - 1225 AD. The remains of the Kamili school are located on the western side of Souk al-Nahhasin and to the northern side of the madrasa and the mausoleum of Barquq. Only the remains of the western iwan remain. The remains of stucco decorations with inscriptions in Kufic script were transferred to the Museum of Islamic Art.
Working date: 2002

Monuments Restoration