• Home / /
  • Projects / /
  • Rehabilitation of a floating dock and the design-build of two ferries

Rehabilitation of a floating dock and the design-build of two ferries

Ship Building   ::  Completed Projects   ::  2012  ::  

• Amongst the development projects funded by the Millennium Development Authority (MiDA) and executed by the Government of Ghana , “MiDA” has announced for the “International Tender” on the rehabilitation of a floating dock and the design-build of two new double-ended Ro Ro (Car/Passenger) ferries so as to improve the river transport at Volta Lake ; due date was 3 December 2009 as per the “General Conditions” and the “Technical Specification” prepared by the Consulting Office “ERRIA” (Denmark) .
• After Maasara Shipyard offer has been technically and financially studied in full details ; as the best submitted offer , and after the Shipyard has been negotiated , the tender had been settled on the Shipyard at an amount of US M$ 9.5 inclusive of US M$ 4.1 for each of the two new ferries and US M$ 1.2 for the rehabilitation of the existing floating dock . The “Contract” between MiDA and Maasara Shipyard has been signed in 16/4/2010 based on a project delivery time 20 months from that date .
• Now , the project is under execution at “Site” using a technical staff from the Shipyard of about 20% of the “Project” total labour force and the other 80% is a local staff from Ghana .
• The “Technical Specification” of each of the two new ferries are :-
Length Overall of the Main Hull = 32 m
Breadth of the Main Hull = 14.8 m
Depth of the Main Hull up to the Main Deck = 1.8 m
Fully Loaded Draught = 1.2 m
Passenger Carrying Capacity (Excluding Crew) = 200 persons
Total Carrying Capacity of Cars and Passengers = 100 tonnes
(approx.)
Propulsion Diesel Engines = 2× 254 KWm (345HP)@1800 rpm; Caterpillar (USA)
Azimuth Thrusters (Z-Drive Rudder Propellers) = 2 ; Schottel (Germany)
Electricity Diesel Generating Sets = 2×111 KVA (89 KWe) @1500 rpm; Deutz (Germany)
Hydraulic System Which Operating Ramps and Deck Equipment = SH Group (Denmark)
Anchor Winches , Anchors , Mooring Winches = SH Group (Denmark)
Electric Driven Pumps for Different Purposes = Desmi (Denmark)
Fire Extinguishing Systems = Skandinavisk (Denmark)
Life Saving Appliances = Wilhelmsen (Norway) Navigational Equipment = Furuno (Japan) Electric Switchboards = Siemens (Germany ; Produced in Egypt under Licence) Local Design Office = Cairo Marine (Egypt) International Classification Society = Germanischer Lloyd (Germany) Consultant = ERRIA (Denmark)

cheap viagra viagra for sale uk viagra problems side effects
cialis coupons from manufacturer is-aber.net discount prescription drug card
paroxetin go paroxetin angst
divalproex 500 mg read divalproex 500 mg
aerius 2 5 mg aerius doplatek aerius sirup cena
aerius 2 5 mg aerius aerius sirup cena
nootropil buy nootropil nootropil buy
kamagra oral jelly kaufen kamagra 100mg kamagra 100
lamivudina blog.pelagicfm.com lamivudine 100 mg
lamivudina blog.pelagicfm.com lamivudine 100 mg